Common Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Cosmetic surgery is one of the most common operations conducted today and it is also the only one that isn’t commonly caused by severe health concerns such as cancer, disfigurement, or others. Most people undergo facial plastic surgery simply to alter how they look although some have to undergo these procedures because of disfigurement caused by accidents, illnesses, or others.
There is just about every form of plastic surgery for the face available today. You can get facial surgery to alter your eyebrows, your lips, your nose, and more. For quick reference, here is a list of some of the more common facial plastic surgery procedures:
- Rhinoplasty – this is one of the most common and is also one of the least expensive. This is an operation to alter a person’s nose. Most patients undergo rhinoplasty to get a straighter nose bridge and to achieve a sharper nose tip. Others get it to make their noses smaller or thinner.
Recovery from rhinoplasty is between two weeks and four months as each of the risks or side effects last for different periods of time.
- Browlift/Forehead Lift – this type of surgery involves raising the forehead/brows to eliminate the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging. It is one of the most common types of surgery conducted to defy age and is also pretty safe – fewer pain medications are required and the operation can be done under local anesthesia. Recovery is two to three weeks.
- Facelift/Rhytidectomy – this is a type of cosmetic surgery that also eliminates signs of aging by tightening facial skin. This eliminates the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin, and may also help restore volume to the face.
- Otoplasty – ear surgery which is conducted to bring the ears to a relatively normal distance to the head. Some patients are born with ears protruding a little too far and this type of surgery brings their ears in a little bit. It is also done when the ears are too close to the head as well.
- Hair Restoration – this is an operation that involves re-distributing hair to normalize areas where the hair line is thinning. Most often it involves taking hair from the back of the head and then grafting them to the top and front to achieve a more fulfilling look.
- Injectable Fillers – people with wrinkles may accept minimally invasive fillers such as BOTOX, Restylane, or Radiesse. BOTOX is the only filler accepted by the Food and Drug Association or FDA. These fillers restore the volume of the skin and this in turns removes facial signs of aging.
- Chin and Cheekbone Augmentation – both of these operations involve repositioning the bones to become either more or less prominent. In the case of cheekbone augmentation, most people get this operation to raise their cheekbones for more prominence.
Chine augmentation is often done to pull the chin slightly outward in order for it to look more balanced with the proportions of the face.
For details of our ENT services, diagnosis, and treatment, please consult HK ENT specialist.
HK ENT Specialist Ltd.
Hong Kong based ENT clinic centre
For ENT Services, Audiology & Speech Therapy,
Sleep Disordered Breathing Management,
Hearing Aid Prescription & Medical Cosmetic Services