A celebration of exultation and yelling or a mere exposure to the presence of crowd may lead you to a sudden awakening of hoarseness in your voice. Dry throat and a croaking voice or some hoarseness in your speech greet your day.
In all manifestations, croaky or hoarse voice originates from the larynx and you may have laryngitis of inflamed vocal cords from strenuous karaoke, passionate speeches or just plain infection from someone dear.
How it may have chosen you as a quarry, here is an enumeration of remedies you can take to talk sweetly through the day.
- Take a break. Not a break like a recess at school but you just have to cease from speaking for a while; let the vocal cords have some respite.
- Salinity in a drink. Gargle your inner throat thoroughly with warm water mixed with salt. An application more may be done accordingly.
- Humid as possible. If you have no humidifier, use a blanket and cloak over a small basin of hot water and inhale the steam orally as well.
- Candies for throats. Lozenges are candies you can play in your mouth all day long without having to be reminded that you are an adult.
- Vinegar from apples. Apple Cider Vinegar has antimicrobial ingredients beneficial to washing and cleaning your throat. Add in a dash of honey to make a powerful drink.
- Honey and Chamomile tea. A potent combination of the power of honey and the antioxidants in chamomile for a better immune system.
- Slippery Elm. This is a tree where its bark is ground to powder and made the main component of tea amongst the many it is used for; add in lemon to spike more vitamins.
- A most versatile and dependable root vegetable that can be used as tea or gargle for easing throat problems. Combine with lemon or honey or both and you have more than a medical concoction.
- Essential Oils. These extracts from plants can transform the ambiance of a room and tickle your senses to appeasement. Eucalyptus or peppermint oils are best to smell with a bothersome throat.
- As old as any culture that had evolved, garlic is proven to be a medicine on its own. Mix it diced in hot tea or gargle with water long soaked with garlic will work wonders not only for your throat but also your total well-being.
- Drink as much daily. Eight glasses of water a day but even more when you are at a quandary of an illness; would never hurt much.
Did you find the information useful? If so, continue reading our posts.
For details of the ENT services, diagnosis, and treatment, please consult our ENT specialist.
HK ENT Specialist Ltd.
Hong Kong based ENT clinic centre
For ENT Services, Audiology & Speech Therapy,
Sleep Disordered Breathing Management,
Hearing Aid Prescription & Medical Cosmetic Services